8th April 2013
Press Release – Wi-Trends 1.3 Launched and Being Deployed by Customers
Today, 8th February 2013, Wicoms has launched the latest version (1.3) of the intuitive Wi-Trends WiFi analytics and management software, which is already being used in retail, banking and enterprise WiFi services applications.
Wicoms is a cloud based WiFi services management business and the inventors of the unique Wi- Trends platform.
Wi-Trends works with any WiFi hardware and is the management and analytical engine for Guest, Enterprise and Public WiFi deployments – giving the customer the ability to control and manage user access as well as providing detailed reporting and analytics. The Wi-Trends software (hosted in the cloud or with a service provider partner) also provides the functionality to operate multiple services over the wireless network, including RFID and VoWLAN (Voice over Wireless LAN).
Wicoms has developed Wi-Trends as the de-facto WiFi management platform for the SME user and has established partnerships with Motorola resellers, starting in Europe and ready to expand globally.
These analytics tools offer the difference between simply allowing guests, users or customers to browse the internet or the corporate network and truly understanding trends and user activity. Now, with Wi-Trends management tools users can add, remove and build user profiles, with a simple menu driven command set, all from a web based cloud service.
Wicoms partners include among others, Skype, Jersey Telecom, Worldstone, CMI (Motorola award winning Platinum Partner). Current customer sectors include Government, Care Homes, Retail, Restaurants and Enterprise businesses. The software is fully featured and sold via partners on a subscription licence basis.
Wicoms has built WiFi platforms since 2007 and last year partnered with Skype to launch a free Skype branded WiFi service, sold by Wicoms to shops, cafes and other venues.
Wi-Trends is a self service cloud based WiFi network platform which has been developed to be independent of WiFi hardware and provide the blend of service applications that end users need, including Enterprise (BYOD), Guest and Public.
Wi-Trends provides: -
- Expanded Dashboard – The Wi-Trends intuitive dashboard instantly gives you an analytical overview of the WiFi services in your network. Here users and partners can view live user sessions and monitor information, while seeing at a glance faults and issues.
- Reports – The reports generated by Wi-Trends are extensive, from basic sessions information to advanced user trends analytics. Wi-Trends analytics have vast range reporting functions and export capabilities.
- Monitoring – Live monitoring information from venues is crucial for WiFi services. Consequently such monitoring is a key component of Wi-Trends analytics. All live monitoring and session data is overlaid on a map for clean and clear analysis and dynamic responses to traffic patterns, illegal activity or faults. In addition, there are options to add user escalation fields and fault reporting data.
- Management – Venues and Enterprise sites can now control and change user profiles, add or delete users and undertake a wide range of tasks as part of the WiFi service they operate. These features include voucher issue and deletion of users.
- On-Boarding and Devices – Wi-Trends is fully featured to allow user profiles against rules and conditions of the network design and business environment. The user profile is created, devices on-boarded and other facets of user management for a wide range of device types are all controlled by simple to use intuitive displays.
Wi-Trends in this new expanded form, provides control and the complete flexibility business needs, to manage and operate a secure WiFi service. Whether enhancing an exiting installation, offering new services (such as BYOD) or adding a Guest or Public WiFi facility, Wi-Trends does it all.